Thursday 11 January 2018

Time to Rebuild

Michael writes about how a fresh start to the year can help you to focus on your goals.

Michael Rigby

The new year has arrived. Many people will be saying that old quote; “new year, new me”. I wonder how many times we’ve stated that. I’ve been saying the same words for the past few years now actually- I even said it again this year for 2018. Will I be successful this time? I guess I’ll find out in twelve months.

At this moment, I feel a difference. I’ve started the year by signing up for challenges such as treks for charity; I haven’t done anything like that for two years, and even then I’d already lost the love for physical challenges. But this year, as soon as the clock struck midnight and 2018 had arrived, I started rebuilding once again.

I’ve been attempting to rebuild since 2016. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve fallen back down and failed the attempt, each time knowing I will have to pick myself up again. However, this time I feel the hunger. Sometimes in life, you have to get knocked down further than you might want. Everyone has a limit, and I’ve finally found mine. I had enough of fighting with my mind each day- 2018 has to be the year I rebuild. The pieces will never go back into the same spot because my life has changed; I must re-invent myself, and that’s a challenge I’m happy to take on. I get to be the CEO of my own life and decide how I want to live it.

Therefore, I advise anyone who reads my posts; it is a new year and it can be a new you. You just have to make it happen. Whatever the situation you’re in, it can and will get better- don’t let anything negative define your future.

If anyone wants to view my instagram blog based on Mental Health, then follow @walkingtallclub. If you’re wondering what it’s all about, go and check it out.


Hi, I'm Michael Rigby and I study Sports Business and Broadcasting at UCFB Wembley. I have experienced mental illness, including depression and social anxiety since the age of 14.


No comments:

Post a Comment